Although I’m still waiting for Mother’s Week to become official, I’ll settle for Mother’s Day.
To shine the light on the hardest job on the planet (a.k.a. being a mom), I wanted to share some funny reads (and a few heartwarming ones, too) about moms and motherhood.
If you missed my own post last week called
5 Mother’s Day Gifts Every Mom Wants, check it out. Then settle in for a few laughs while you binge-read these articles. When you’re done, call your mom and tell her your love her.
- Are You Kidding Me?: Stacey Gustafson gets to the heart of What Does Mom Really Want for Mother’s Day—Nothing.
- A Baby Boomer Woman’s Life After 50: Judi Freedman recalls 28 Memorable Moments of Motherhood, from bringing home baby to launching an independent adult.
- Blunt Moms: Peyton Price shares The Secret to a Happy Mother’s Day.
- Greater Good: Christine Carter offers 10 tips for being the best mom in Mirror Mirror on the Wall: Who’s the Best Mom of Them All?
- HumorOutcasts: CF Winn struggles to find the perfect card in Mom, You’re Awesome!
- Laugh Lines: Vikki Claflin talks about Mother’s Day and an Empty Nest. It’s All Good.
- Let Me Start by Saying: Kim Bongiorno keeps motherhood real with Real Moms Magazine: Mother’s Day Edition.
- The Middle-Aged Cheap Seats: Kim Dalferes misses those small moments worth remembering in It’s the Little Things.
- Midlife at the Oasis: Lois Alter Mark gets a fresh perspective on her mom in My Mom, Style Icon?
- One Funny Motha: Stacey Gill take a liquor-themed approach with May Your Mother’s Day Be Filled With Love & Liquor.
- The Outnumbered Mother: Amy Hunter writes a funny motherhood quiz in If Moms Wrote Math Problems.
- People I Want to Punch in the Throat: Jenn Mann takes on lame husbands who don’t buy the mother of their children gifts in Nothing Is NOT Acceptable.
- Ripped Jeans & Bifocals: Jill Robins tells moms to take charge of Mother’s Day in Everything’s Better with Butter…a.k.a. How to Avoid Mother’s Day Meltdowns.
- Scary Mommy: Maria Guido gets real with 30 Things (Almost) Every Mother Wants for Mother’s Day.
I hope all you moms out there get put on a pedestal and spoiled this Mother’s Day. And, most importantly, a special Happy Mother’s Day to the best mom in the world—my mom Shirley, who is my biggest cheerleader and best friend. I love you, Mom!